Youth are the backbone of every nation. They are the human resources of our country and they are leaders for tomorrow. They face many problems in their life from different aspects related to family, college, social, and personal as a whole. It is the duty of the nation to protect themselves from different barriers of the society. The present research study is undertaken to study analytically the four problems as family, college, social, and personal in aspect of youth problems among collegiate students in Goalpara district of Assam. Two hundred collegiate students (100 boys and 100 girls) from urban and rural colleges are taken as sample of the present study. Youth Problem Inventory (YPI) developed by Dr. M. Verma has been used to collect data from collegiate students. The collected data are statistically analyzed by using mean, Standard Deviation and one way ANOVA. The findings of the study reveal that girls have significantly high family problems, college problems and personal problems than boys. There is no significant difference between boys and girls with relation to social problems in aspect of youth problems among collegiate students in Goalpara district of Assam. Girls have significantly high youth problems than boys.
Cite this article:
Abdus Salam. An Analytical study among Collegiate Students with Relation to youth Problems in Goalpara District of Assam. International Journal of Reviews and Research in Social Sciences. 2022; 10(2):66-2.
Abdus Salam. An Analytical study among Collegiate Students with Relation to youth Problems in Goalpara District of Assam. International Journal of Reviews and Research in Social Sciences. 2022; 10(2):66-2. Available on: https://ijrrssonline.in/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-10-2-3
1. Aggarwal, J.C. (1995). Theory and Principles of Education. Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
2. Aggarwal, Y.P. (2018). Statistical Methods-Concepts, Application and Computation. Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd.: New Delhi.
3. Ahmed, I. & Jan, I. (2016). Modernization and Social Awareness among Male and Female College Students in District Shopian, J & K. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, 2(1), 901-906
4. Anjana, S.C. & Gandhrva, R.J. (2014). Problems of Youth – A Study of College Students in Context to Their Gender and Educational Stream. Asian Resonance, 3(2), 175-177
5. Asha, M. (1984). Psychology of Adult Learning. Indian Journal of Adult Education, 45(16), 26-30. Retrieved from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology
6. Best, J.W. & Kahn, J.V. (2010). Research in Education. PHL Learning Private Limited: New Delhi
7. Chauhan, S.S. (1993). Advanced Educational Psychology. Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
8. Dar, I.A & Tali, L.A. (2014). Adjustment Problems among Kashmiri Adolescents, International Journal of English Language, Literature and Humanities, 1(5), 99-107.
9. Dharmvir (1981). Adult Psychology and Educational Methods. Institute of Cooperative Alliance, New Delhi.
10. Fraenkel, J. R., & Wallen, N. E. (2009). How to Design and Evaluate Research in Education. McGraw-Hill: New York
11. Kothari, C.R. (2008). Research Methodology-Methods and Techniques. New Age International Publishers: New Delhi.
12. Koul, L. (2009). Methodology of Educational Research. Vikas® Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.: New Delhi.
13. Kundu, C.L. (1984). Adult Education: Principles, Practice and Prospects. Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
14. Mangal, S.K. (1994). Educational Psychology. Tandon Publications, Ludhiana, Punjab
15. Mathur, S.S. (1962). Educational Psychology. Vinod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
16. Rogers, A. (1986). Teaching Adults. Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
17. Rajani, R.S. (1997). Adult Learning. Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
18. Sangeeta, S.A. & Kumar, J. (2013). A Study of Adolescent’s Problems in Relation to Academic Achievement of Girls at Senior Secondary Level. Education Confab, 2(11), 55-62.
19. Satinder, D. (2015). A Study of Youth Problems in Relation to Modernization, Education Confab, 4(4), 1-8.
20. Sharma, S. (1992). A Comparative Study of Problems of Adolescents from Rural and Urban Background. M.Ed. Dissertation, Punjab University, Chandigarh.
21. Srishti, S. (2016). Problems of Youth: A Study of College Students in Context to Their gender. International Journal of Home Sciences, 2(1), 18-21.
22. Thakur, G. & Lahari, D.K. (2016). A Comparative Study to Major Youth Problem Among College Student on Basic of Locality. International Journal of Humanities, Arts, Medicine and Sciences, 4(4), 47-50.
23. Verma, M. (2004). Manual for Youth Problem Inventory (YPI). National Psychological Corporation, Agra.
24. Waghmare, R.D. (2016). A Study of Psychological Well Being Among Male and Female College Students. International Journal of Indian Psychology, 3(3), 26-31.
25. Waghmare, R. D. (2017). Gender Difference between Youth Problems. International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development, 1(6), 156-162.
26. Walia, J.S. (2015). Foundations of Educational Psychology. Ahim Paul Publishers, Jalandhar City, Punjab.