Russia's naval ban on three Ukrainian vessels attempting to pass the Kerch Strait shows that Moscow will continue its policy of destabilizing and undermining Ukraine for both domestic and strategic reasons. But the significant worsening of the dispute between Russia and Ukraine seems doubtful at present. This analysis does not represent neither Western, Ukrainian nor Russian official views on the Kerch Strait incident and its legal background. It is a graduate student analysis that focuses on reality. It is not the aim of the analysis to provide "politically correct" views.
Cite this article:
Vincy V. Varghese. Whose territory is it? (The Kerch Strait Incident 2018). Int. J. Rev. and Res. Social Sci. 2020; 8(1):13-16. doi: 10.5958/2454-2687.2020.00005.2
Vincy V. Varghese. Whose territory is it? (The Kerch Strait Incident 2018). Int. J. Rev. and Res. Social Sci. 2020; 8(1):13-16. doi: 10.5958/2454-2687.2020.00005.2 Available on: https://ijrrssonline.in/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-8-1-5
1. “Address of Ukraine’s ambassador to UN Security Council on Kerch Strait incident (Transcript),” Kyiv Post, November 28, 2018, at: https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/address-of-ukraine-to-the-un-security-council-on-kerch-strait-incident-transcript.html; “Russia and Ukraine involved in Black Sea naval standoff,” Reuters, November 25, 2018, at:https://in.reuters.com/article/ukraine-crisis-russia/russia-and-ukraine-involved-in-black-sea-naval-standoff-idINL8N1Y00C2
2. Image :- Moscow-Russia Naval Clash; Source Retrieved from - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-46345317
3. “Ukraine - Russia clash: MPs back martial law,” BBC News, November 27, 2018, at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46352367
4. "UN 'greatly concerned' over Russia-Ukraine conflict". RTÉ.ie. 27 November 2018. Retrieved 1 December 2019.
5. The U.N. Security Council Is Calling an Emergency Meeting Over Russia-Ukraine Tensions". Time. 26 November 2018. Retrieved 30 November 2019.
6. "UN urges Russia and Ukraine to step away from further confrontation at sea". UN News. 26 November 2018. Retrieved 30 November 2019.
7. "'Unleashing conflict': Ukraine says Russia opened fire on navy ships". Agence France-Presse. 26 November 2018. Retrieved 26 November 2018.