Deepali Rani Sahoo, Sukanta Ku. Dwibedi
Deepali Rani Sahoo1, Prof (Dr) Sukanta Ku. Dwibedi2
Research Scholar and Faculty of Symbiosis Law School, Noida, North Orissa University, Baripada, Odisha.
Principal of Mayurbhanj Law College, North Odisha University, Baripada, Odisha.
Volume - 8,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2020
In the present Indian scenario skill development is emerging as an important agenda towards development of the nation. With the rapid growth in every sector, it has emerged the need for skilled manpower to accelerate the development process. Therefore, to fulfill the growing demand for skilled workforce and boost the economy, the CSR wings of corporate entities are coming up to skill the youth through direct involvement or collaboration with non profits organization. Indian Companies Act 2013 makes CSR a strategic initiative for skill enhancement. The corporate world to step forward and contribute their CSR funds for the purpose of expanding quality skill training in the country. The research paper attempts to study the present role of CSR toward skill development. In this context the paper overviewed with ten big projects on CSR with the largest skill development in India. The study also found that both the government and its partner agencies have undertaken various initiatives for the implementation of the skill development and facing various issues and challenges. This paper gives a bird eye view, how the Government should focus and examine those obstacles and challenges to develop the programs for the complete success of the skill development initiatives.
Cite this article:
Deepali Rani Sahoo, Sukanta Ku. Dwibedi. A Study of Corporate Social Responsibility towards Enhancement of Employment Through Skill Development: An Empirical Study. Int. J. Rev. and Res. Social Sci. 2020; 8(1):17-30. doi: 10.5958/2454-2687.2020.00006.4
1. Human Resource and Skill Requirements in the Education & Skill Development Services Sector (2022) – A Report. National Skill Development Corporation. Retrieved December 4, 2018 from http://www.nsdeindia.org/pdf/education.skill-development.pdf.
8. Dr (Mrs) M. Madhuri Devi, Dr. Vinay Sharma, Development of Human Capital through Prime Minister Skill Development Programme with Reference to Bhilai Nagar. Journal – International Journal of Reviews and Research in Social Sciences – Volume – 6, Issue-2, Year – 2018, Pages – 173-182, ISSN Print – 2347-5145.
16. John Elkington “Partnership from Cannibals with Forks : The Triple Bottom Line of 21st Century Business” (1998) available - http://www.articlesnatch.com/article/corporate-social-responsibility-trends-in-india/768547#UNYDx9y15Ko. Retrieved on 06.12.2018.
20. The Companies Act, 2013 – available – http://www.indiacode.nic.in/acts-in-pdf/18203.pdf
27. Ruchi Goel, Divya Gupta, Analysis of Corporate Social Responsibility under Companies Act. Available – http://www.lex-warrier.in/2015/03/analysis-of-corporate -social-responsibility-under-companies-act/pdf. Retrieved on 06th December 2018.
30. National Skill Development Policy (2009). Available – http://www.labour.nic.in/upload/upload-files/files/policies/nationalskilldevelopmentpolicymarch09.pdf, Retrieved on 7th Dec- 2018.
36. Radhika Kapur, Skills Development in India, Journal: International Journal of Transformation in Business Management (IJTBM)-2014. Vol.No.4, Issue No. 11, April-June, ISSN-2231-6868, Pages- 25-38.
42. Knowledge Paper on Skill Development in India Learner First, (2012), Available:http://www.calendartopics.biz/tag/knowledge-paper-on-skill-development-in-india. Retrieved 10th December 2018.
52. Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2013). Knowledge Paper on Skill Development in India. Available : http://www.planningcommission.gov.in/data/datatable/data -Retrieved 10th December 2018.
62. http://www.csrbox.org/top-companies-withcsr-fund-in-india.Retrieved on 12th December 2018.
63. http://www.csrbox.org/top-education-csr-projects-in-india: Retrieved on 12th Dec- 2018.
64. http://www.csrbox.org/top-education-csr-projects-in-india: Retrieved on 12th Dec- 2018.
65. http://www.csrbox.org/top-education-csr-projects-in-india: Retrieved on 12th Dec- 2018.
66. http://www.csrbox.org/CSR-projects-in-Maharashtra. Retrieved on 12th December 2018.
67. http://www.csrbox.org/CSR-projects-in-Maharashtra. Retrieved on 12th December 2018.
68. http://www.csrbox.org/CSR-projects-in-Maharashtra. Retrieved on 12th December 2018.
69. http://www.csrbox.org/CSR-projects-in-Maharashtra. Retrieved on 12th December 2018.
70. http://www.csrbox.org/CSR-projects-in-delhi. Retrieved on 12th December 2018.
71. Skill Development CSR, (List-India-CSR-new?tag=Skill Development CSR)
72. CSR Impacts (List-India-CSR-news?tag=CSR Impacts)
73. CSR Partnership (List-India-CSR-new?tag=CSR Partnership)
75. India CSR (List-India-CSR-news?tag=India CSR)
76. CSR in India (List-India-CSR-news?tag=CSR India)
77. CSR Reports (List-India-CSR-report).
78. CSR Reports (List-India-CSR-report).
79. CSR Reports (List-India-CSR-report).
80. CSR Reports (List-India-CSR-report).
81. http://www.csrbox.org/Top-Education-CSR-Projects-in-India. Retrieved on 12th Dec- 2018.
82. http://www.csrbox.org/Top-Education-CSR-Projects-in-India. Retrieved on 12th Dec- 2018.